Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time


The Gospel for this Sunday is from Luke 20:27-38 or a shorter form may be used, but what I want to point out is that here we have Jesus talking about what happens after we die. He said, "The children of this age marry and remarry, but those who are deemed worthy to attain to the coming age and to the resurrection of the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. They can no longer die, for they are like the ones who will rise. That the dead will rise even Moses made known in the passage about the bush, when he called out 'Lord', the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

If I have copied this passage, it is because I think I have never really meditated on it. I find it consoling to think that for God we are all alive in him. 

No comments: