Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Is your life hard or easy?

 I found the following quote from Don Paul Delotte in the OCTOBER 30 issue of the Tablet; it is to be found in The Spirit of Solesmes, edited by Sister Mary David Totah, OSB:

"Don't spend your life moaning. Being miserable depresses us, diminishes us, discourages us; and expressing it makes it worse. The more we say, 'It's hard', the more miserable we become. No, nothing is hard, if we look at life from the point of view of him who gives it to us. We mustn't think about tomorrow. Almost the whole of our suffering comes from our imagination and from looking ahead pointlessly. We should live in the present moment."

Well, there is a great deal of truth in the above and I am all for living in the present moment and I do try to concentrate on the good. However, there are moments, and I am sure we all have them in this time of sheltering in place, when our imagination does present a bleak picture and we need to stay in the present moment. God is in his heaven and all is right with the world - that phrase often comes to me and I do believe it, even while seeing all that needs to be made right in my eyes. 



No comments: