Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Stop and smell the roses

 Today I hope the election is behind us, but I am writing this on Wednesday and there is no clear winner yet.

I opened my little book, Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life, by M.J. Ryan and found this thought which helps me:

The idea is that we need to slow down to cultivate the attitude of gratitude that will permeate our whole day. We need to take time to smell the roses. Then, think of the moments that are like "Stillpoints" where you stop, notice a breath in and a breath out and remember - we all have so much to be grateful for and these little pauses in our day can help us to cultivate a deep sense of gratitude. I just feel that gratitude is so important for when we are grateful, we are joyful. 


Make your path each day one of gratitude for all the good things we have to thank God for each day.

No comments: