Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time

 The Collect for this Sunday is worth reflecting on all week!

Collect: Grant us, we pray, O Lord our God, the constant gladness of being devoted to you,                 for it is full and lasting happiness to serve with constancy the author of all that is good.

I an struck by the word: constancy.  I think I need the virtue of being constant in doing what I know God wants of me. Sometimes I should be writing notes and I am just reading for pleasure. Still, I am grateful for the opportunity to do both and feel grateful that I do have a conscience that reminds me of what God wants and helps me to plan my day. We have opportunities to discern choices and the grace to choose the right ones. 

My gratitude litany is growing and I read how grateful Philippine was on arriving in America and how she was able to adapt so easily to a very different life. Everything was different: language, customs, climate, surroundings, etc. I guess I felt like that when I arrived in Chile without knowing any Spanish. I am just grateful that I had so many good experiences in the 20 years after final profession in a beautiful country full of lovely people. This novena of gratitude is taking me back into the past where I am so grateful for the many graces received. 


                                                           The sea lions are resting

No comments: