Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2020

True gratitude

 "True gratitude is a natural response to the miracle of life as we experience it moment to moment, a sense of abundance from the heart that is independent of our desires for the future." That little definition is found in M. J. Ryan's Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life.

I am alive. I have two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, and a head that still seems to function and so why would I not be singing a song of gratitude. I also have the ability to see, to smell, to talk, and even to hear enough to guess what people are saying with the help of hearing aids, lip reading, and now the use of Live Transcribe. So many good things to help me lead a normal life and participate in community, have some ministry still, and have an attitude of gratefulness that makes me joyful. Take stock today of your own reasons to be grateful and do try inventing a litany of gratitude as you go through your day.


Let us walk the path of gratitude today and thank God for giving us such beauty with four seasons.

No comments: