Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Nativity of Our Lady



 
Today we celebrate Our Lady's birthday. I chose the picture of Mater as I love Our Lady and like to think of her enjoying the fact that we have chosen a date for the entire Church to celebrate her birthday. I am thinking what gift would she like to have me offer her today?

We continue to be tested weekly. One of my friends who lives in a retirement home in Dallas has COVID and is on an ventilator so please pray for her. Her son wrote and requested prayers; she not only read my blog each day, but often sent me good feedback. I also pray for her husband who counts on her.

We had a beutiful sharing for one of our nuns this morning; her funeral will be on Thursday. We always share our memories of the person who has died and it is amazing to see how each has had a real influence on our community. Some will have stories from having lived with the person years ago. 


No comments: