Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time


 

The Entrance Antiphon for this Sunday: "Give peace, O Lord, to those who wait for you, that your prophets be found true. Hear the prayers of your servant, and of your people Israel." Cf. Sirach 36:18

Collect: Look upon us, O God, Creator and ruler of all things, and, that we may feel the workings of your mercy, grant that we may serve you with all our heart.

First Reading is Isaiah 50: 5-9a

"The Lord God opens mh ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back....."

Responsorial Psalm: "I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living." 

Second Reading is from the Letter of Saint James 2:14-18

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?...."

Gospel is Mark 8: 27-35 "Jesus and his disciples set out for the village of Caesarea Philippi. Along the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?' ....and then Jesus asks them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter said in reply, "You are the Christ."

There is much more to today's Gospel, but I am always stopped by the question that I believe Jesus keeps asking each of us today - "But you, who do you say that I am?"Today!



No comments: