Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A thought to remember


 The Dominican priest, Father Xavier, celebrates Mass with us on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Yesterday he said that "the only place God cannot be without our permission is in our hearts." I have been thinking about that as I certainly want to be sure that God always has permission to enter my heart. As a Religious of the Society of the Sacred Heart, I often find myself in God's Heart. 

Today we begin a new month. Let us take time just to sit on the bench in this picture and contemplate the ocean. Sometimes we are so busy that we forget that we need time to just be. 

All of our nuns have left New Orleans. I feel sorry for those who have lost homes again and some have even lost their lives in the hurricane. Having lived through several big ones in Miami, I feel united to those who cannot leave and are living without power. I also am concerned that the children are going to miss several weeks of school. Let us pray for our world that has such need.

No comments: