Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2021

First Friday & Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus


 St. Therese is loved by many for her spirituality of "the little way." It consisted in performing her daily duties in the presence of God and for love of God accepting all the suffering and inconveniences of the day. She had permission to enter Carmel at fifteen and died nine years later. She said that she would spend her time in heaven in doing good on earth and many miracles are attributed to her. In 1997 she was declared a Doctor of the Church!

I found some verses that I must have written years ago and I will copy them for you next week. I see there is a date at the top of the verses, June 22, 1986. I was in Miami from 1985 to 2016 - over thirty years and in three community houses in Miami. We outgrew the first by 1988 so we bought an apartment hourse and then had a community nine to twelve for several years; then we were three. After that we became larger but the decision was made to look for two houses. The first was quickly found and bought; the second took month so looking until we finally found a great house for five of us with a wonderful swimming pool in the screened patio. We move into it in 1999 and I was there until 2016. I loved that pool and my large bedroom. I found the pool so relaxing and still miss it.

No comments: