Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Memorable Monday


 I should have a picture of Half Moon Bay as I went there for lunch with the five wonderful women who are such good friends. We had lunch at a table in a corner overlooking the ocean. It was a beautiful day, the sun came out, the ocean was deep blue, the rocks and beach lovely. Before going to lunch we had a time for prayer and reflection sitting looking at the ocean. The entire day was lovely and we returned in time for me to have my hour of prayer in the Chapel and then go to reunion at 3:30. 

One of our Korean Sisters spoke to us today about the history of Korea and about her own vocation. She was the first Korean Religious of the Sacred Heart and had to go to Japan to make her novitiate.

Then, I found a mystery book in my mailbox which I want to read. It was a very good day beginning with Mass this morning. It is a grace to have daily Mass again and I try to be wide awake and really participate. I hope all are getting interested and even enthused about the synods being prepared by reaching out to everyone in each parish and others who are not in the parish. The Church wants to listen to each one as the Holy Spirit is opening us up to really listen and discern what God wants from the Church now. We are still trying to live what Vatican II gave us to renew the faith of all today. Let us pray for the success of the synods in every diocese.

No comments: