Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2021

Written long ago


 I came across a torn out page with some verses that I wrote years ago - June 22, 1986. I thought I would copy them here:

I have my own pool within me

It is deep and still and is "to be"

When I surface "to do" I am full of peace

While I am away the water does not cease;

It calls me back to relax and float

Jesus dwells in the depths, not in a boat.

To find him I plunge within my pool

He is in the water and leads me to the rock

There the cleft is open for me to dock

This is my home and comes to be 

Even nicer than sailing the sea.


The pool is small; the world is wide.

Soon I venture forth, Jesus at my side.

Rivers, lakes, oceans all to be won

There is always more when one;s done

For the Lord must reign in everyone.

The pool will wait while I battle waves

I'm not afraid; it is Jesus who saves.

Onward, together, He leads the way.

Swim, float, enjoy each day

This is how I want you to pray.


No comments: