Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

God's Love for us in Unconditional!


The Heart of Jesus is the manifestation of God's unconditional love for us. The realization of this love of God can change our life. Over and over again, I have seen that the decisive moment in each life comes when we understand that what is important is not our love for God, but that God loves each of us unconditionally.
The above quote is from C. Camacho, in a letter of June 5, 1981, when she was Superior General of the Society of the Sacred Heart.

Albert Nolan says in his book, Jesus Today that Jesus' basic conviction was not only that God is close to us, but also that God loves us. "God's unconditional love was the foundation of Jesus' spirituality."

I experienced from my early years the unconditional love of God; it has always been the reason for my joy. My mother loved me unconditionally; indeed, I think she loved all without conditions. I still experience the tremendous love of God no matter what; I am also called to love others as I am loved--without conditions!
Lord, grant that today I may love others as you love me!

No comments: