Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"



Someone sent me a larger picture of footprints on the beach with this prayer:
Father, walk with me today; grant that I may hear your footsteps and gladly follow where they lead ...

We do not walk alone. Jesus told his chosen friends, "I am with you always."
We do not know where we are being led but trust the One who is leading us. It takes courage and confidence to walk the road of life but we go hand-in-hand with Jesus who loves us and is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The alternate opening prayer in today's liturgy was my reflection this morning:
Lord our God, all truth is from you, and you alone bring oneness of heart.
Give your people the joy of hearing your word in every sound and of longing for your presence more than for life itself. May all the attractions of a changing world serve only to bring us the peace of your kingdom which this world does not give. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.


In the Gospel for today, we see the compassion that Jesus had for the widow who had just lost her only son. He tells her not to weep; he stops the funeral procession and tells the dead son, Young man, I tell you, arise! The son sat up and Jesus gave him to his mother. Never doubt the power of the compassionate Jesus. He calls us to arise and live. "I have come that they may have life..." Jesus is
the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

No comments: