Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

God speaks to us through Scripture


Today is the feast of St. Gregory who was a great Pope and one that I love. However, I decided this morning to share some of my favorite Gospel quotes with you. These passages all have been a special source of grace for me in the past and still say much to me as each was an experience of God for me. In the retreat I started jotting them down just as the passages came to me. It is an exercise that I hope each of my readers will do for themselves: "Come to Me..."
"I am the Good Shepherd..."
"I know mine and mine know me."
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want"
"Fear not; It is I, do not be afraid."
"I am not alone because I do always what is pleasing to my Father."
"Let not your heart be troubled"
"Remain in my love."
"You have not chosen me; I have chosen you that you may bear fruit and your fruit will remain."
"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you."
"Do whatsoever he tells you."
"Could you not watch and pray with me?"
"Lord, if you want you can make me clean."
"Behold I stand knocking at the door; anyone who opens to me, I will come in and dine with her and she with me."
"You are precious in my sight."
"Behold, I am with you always."

I skipped over at the end as it is too long and you will notice that not everyone of these passages is found in the Gospels, but I just let them come. It was a good exercise for me as I went back to the experience that made these passages so special for me. I hope you try it for yourself as God does speak to us through the Scriptures.

2 comments:

mary camilleri said...

Thanks. I will try it. It is so good to read your blog as your style and faith reminds me of my childhood at the Convent of the Sacred Heart in Malta, and especially of Sister Lee, who was our headmistress in Junior and Senior School. She died about 5 years ago. Keep up the good work and God bless you

mary camilleri said...

thank you. I will try and make up my own. God bless you and thank you for your very inspiring, comforting and stimulating blog!