Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meetings - but "give and igifts will be given to you"...


My image may need to be your reflection today as I am off to a meeting with a group that is very life-giving for me; some of us have been meeting for twenty years to share our lives and help each other with the supervision that all spiritual directors should have.
Tonight we begin our Reflection Group which I started about fifteen years ago; the people change but usually we have around fourteen who come for dinner, prayer, and reflection on a book that we choose each year to help us grow spiritually. This year we are beginning with Margaret Silf's Inner Compass.
I did prepare a reflection this morning on the Gospel, but no time now to share it. I was struck though by "Stop judging and you will not be judged. ...Give and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you."

No comments: