Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Third Sunday of Advent


This Sunday is called "Gaudete Sunday" and means in Latin "rejoice"! We rejoice for the Lord is coming, He is near. We forget that Jesus is here with us, Emmanuel, but we prepare our hearts to celebrate his coming closer as we make room for him in our hearts.

The first reading from the Prophet Zephaniah begins with "Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel. Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem!...The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty savior; he will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, he will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals."

Let us slow down and keep our joy! It is important to do this as everyone is having a busy time with material preparations for Christmas and Jesus is looking for us to be busy with our spiritual preparation - Come, Lord Jesus, and do not delay! That is the refrain I am trying to keep along with my "smiling yes" that is not as easy as I try to balance too many things. But, by the time you read this, I am in retreat at the Cenacle in Gainesville where I will be praying for all my readers. I am trying to schedule ahead as I will be off the computer for five days. :)

No comments: