Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Beginning Advent


I have started my new Journal for Advent and thought about the different ways we experience God during Advent that we prayed over in community on Sunday. God comes in the unexpected; God comes when we let go; God comes in simplicity. Well, Mary was one who first experienced the coming in a way she did not expect. What were her thoughts when the angel came to her? She was told not to be afraid and she seemed to summon trust in this unexpected moment and was able to respond with great simplicity: "Be it done unto me according to your word."
I am trying to find God in whatever happens and God sent an angel to help me today. I am also trying to say "yes" with a smile no matter what I am asked or what the circumstances. I need to take this one day at a time, but God is only in the present moment. I think God smiles back when I manage to say "yes" with a smile!

No comments: