Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie


The Miami area will have a Mass in the Carrollton Chapel at six o'clock this evening and then have dinner together for the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie. I am glad we are doing this at Carrollton as they have a prayerful, small Chapel that opens out on the terrace with a gorgeous view of the bay. I am always drawn to the water.

I am trying to describe my own friendship with St. Madeleine Sophie. I think of her as a mother and leader; she is also a model and friend, but one that is always trying to encourage me to be more loving, more generous, more completely given. She seems to me to really care about each of her daughters and watches over us from heaven, but there is always that urge to see us more saintly. I felt very close to her the months I spent at the Trinita in Rome; I also found her presence in Joigny where she was born. Her room is a tiny shrine now.

Her charism and spirituality is my charism and spirituality centered on the Heart of Jesus, wanting to be led by the Holy Spirit, and wanting to discover and reveal the love of His Heart more and more each day. I think Sophie is happy that we are finding Associates all over the world to carry our charism to others today.

No comments: