Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Peace Ieave with you; my peace I give to you...."


What wonderful gifts Jesus gives us in today's Gospel! First he tells us that if we love him we will keep his word and the Father will love us and Jesus and the Father will come to us and make their dwelling with us. Then, the Father will send the Holy Spirit who "will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you." Now, what could be greater than to have the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? But Jesus adds his gift of peace for us. Then he gives a command: "Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."
I thought of this a few times on my trip and it was very helpful. Our plane on the way out to California went not only forward but up and down for a long time as there were many tornadoes and storms so it was quite bumpy; then there were some moments when I needed to remember those words of Jesus to keep my heart at peace. We need to stay calm and let the small things drop without disturbing our peace.
God wants us to be joyful and peaceful and full of his love!
I should also say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the mothers out there! One never forgets the love a mother gives each of her children.

No comments: