Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010



My images did not appear; I just wanted something different and something that would make us feel cool as today was hot! I saw everyone at the University who was there to be seen and gave away my last possession. I still have the trunk of my car loaded with notebooks and files and no place to put anything in my room so I must begin to get rid of more things. I like living in one room, but now it must also be my office.
I have been reflecting on the name of our group that made our profession together in Rome in 1960. The name given us is "Apostolic Courage"! I think it has been helpful to me in all my years in education and formation work; I am now seeing that it is a different call to have apostolic courage in my new role of retired professor and writer. I really have no desire to begin to write this summer but have been asked to do sketches of St. Madeleine Sophie and Philippine Duchesne and will do these soon. I suspect I just need to take a few days to get back to living at home without going to the University. I have twenty-four years of memories to put away as I begin a new stage of my life.

No comments: