Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Living in Joy



I am concentrating on the joy this week; what does living in joy really mean for me? It means seeing all the good around me and it means being grateful from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep at night. We are so blessed and I must say it is easy to be grateful and full of joy at Oakwood. I am looking forward, however, to going home to my own community at the end of the month.
Living in joy means savoring each moment. It means taking time to smell the flowers, feel the sun, touch the trees, hear the birds, and sing a song of joy to Jesus. Yes, to live in joy involves all of our 
senses. We also need to be humble and grateful to have real joy!

I remember how the bacon tasted this morning. I love the 
smell of bacon frying, but I also love the taste of it. When you start living in joy, you find that everything gives joy!

No comments: