Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Presence of Mary




Saturday is always a special day for me. It is Our Lady's day. I think I received a love for Our Lady from my mother, but when I was sacristan for Mater's Chapel in Rome I experienced her in a new way as friend as well as mother. Then the many years in South America deepened my love for her and appreciation for her presence in my life. When I need her, she lets me feel her presence in a tangible way. Sometimes I think she is so close to me because my mother keeps asking her to look out for me. Of course, Mary keeps telling me, "Do whatsoever Jesus tells you." However, she also lets him know when I have no "wine" or whatever is needed at the moment.

I will be home in 12 days! I love it here, but miss my community!

No comments: