Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Flying home




Seven months seems short when today I am finally going home! It is true that those same seven months also have seemed an eternity at certain moments, but now I am closing a period of a more quiet, contemplative life style that my sudden brush with death brought me as a gift and I will be going back to my community, my ministry with friends and groups, my normal activities such as cooking. I have over five hours in the air to make this transition from the beauty of California to the beauty of Miami. Hopefully the plane will land on time and I shall be home by 9:30 tonight which will only be 6:30 in California. 

When one has been away so long, it takes time to adjust as others have been doing many things while I was away. I remember the first time I came back from Chile and had not seen anyone from home for nine years; they did not seem to know how to talk to me and it took a little time to get used to the different culture. That is not true this time and months are not years, but still I am looking forward to seeing everyone and being at home again in every sense of the phrase "at Home". I do feel at home with Jesus wherever I am!

No comments: