Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Month of May Begins Today



We begin the month that North Americans dedicate to Our Lady. May is Mary's month; we have her honored with May altars, May Crownings, and, as our Mother, she also has a role when we celebrate Mother's Day. The last day of May has always been a special feast of Mary. It was feasting her under the title of Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace; then it was the Feast of the Queenship of Mary; after that, it became the Feast of the Visitation of Mary to  Elizabeth. It is also my birthday and I love having the Feast celebrated in my community with a Liturgy in her honor.
I am finally home but scheduled this blog before I left Oakwood so can only imagine how I feel - excited, grateful, full of joy, - more later on this when I have been home a few days.

No comments: