Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Remember the Spirit!



This is a Chilean sunrise. I did a telephone interview to help a young man who was to do the interview for a history class. He wanted me to talk about Chile and the whole situation with Allende and then the take over that really was a dictatorship by the Junta - especially Pinochet. I had lots of stories, but it made me think of what a grace it was for me to have lived in Chile for almost twenty years! The people are so wonderful and have much to teach us.

Now, I am reading the third part of the Pope's book on The Church of Mercy and it is a good preparation for the Feast of Pentecost. He asks us if we pray every day to the Holy Spirit? I am going to try to do this.

We often forget that we are to have a real relationship with each person in the Blessed Trinity. I had that light many years ago, but I hope this May to prepare for the Feast of Pentecost by renewing my contact with the Holy Spirit! Let us all "remember the Spirit" who is our advocate, our consoler, our giver of gifts..." Let us ask for an increase in the way we receive and live the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: