Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Great Reformer

By now you know how much Pope Francis has influenced me. The best biography that I have read is "The Great Reformer" but I also read all of his homilies, if and when I have time. I am still with the one I copied for readers about a week ago. It was all on our taking time to remember our first encounter with Jesus and looking to see how others have encountered Jesus in the Gospels. I have loved the idea of looking each day for encounters with Jesus in the people around me, in the Eucharist, in the unexpected surprises of each day.

I decided during this past month at Oakwood that I was living with saints. Our Religious are holy people. Now, having received two booklets from Chile which I am reading with great joy in Spanish, I realize that I was living with saints there, too. Unfortunately we do not always realize that we live with saints so I need to pray for that grace and hope that I am becoming holy, too. God is present in each of us and wants us to be holy but knows we are human and this is something of a struggle and that is what makes us holy!
I think this Pope is going to bring a new sense of holiness to the Church. More about his biography another day as I seem to have gone off on a tangent.

No comments: