Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bless every person I have met . . .



This is a picture I took of the little chapel I had arranged just before becoming ill. It is so nice to come home and find Jesus waiting for me there in the Blessed Sacrament. The room is really light, but the picture makes it seem dark. You can see our patio with just the tip of the deep end of the pool.

This morning I want to share with you a prayer found in one of Sister Hoffman's prayer books. She was the holy Religious of the Sacred Heart who had the room across the hall from me at Oakwood and who went peacefully to God while I was still in isolation.

Mighty God, Father of all:
Compassionate God, Mother of all
Bless every person I have met,
Every face I have seen,
Every voice I have heard,
Especially those most dear
Bless every city, town, and street
That I have ever known,
Every sight I have seen,
Every sound I have heard,
Every object I have touched.
In some mysterious way
these have all fashioned my life,
all that I am and have received.
Great God, bless the world.

No comments: