Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jesus ends Easter Sunday with a visit to his disciples



Jesus suddenly appears in the midst of his disciples even as the two from Emmaus are recounting how they had walked with Jesus and recognized him in the breaking of the bread.
Jesus says, "peace be with you", but they are so startled that Luke tells us they thought they were seeing a ghost. Jesus asks them, "Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have." Then Jesus showed them his hands and his feet.

Since they still are incredulous for joy, Jesus asked them if they had anything to eat. They gave him a piece of baked fish and he ate it. Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.

Jesus comes to us and we seem to not recognize him so often and we need to touch him in the Eucharist. He wants to share his joy with us and often says to us, "Let not your heart be troubled."

No comments: