Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Blessings and Renovation


Count your blessings and you will be joyful. I have so much to thank God for that I could make a new litany of things I am grateful for each day. Sometimes it seems an ordinary day, but when I reflect back on the day, God has been present in so many ways. He is a God of surprises.
I think we are having the last month or so of the renovations that began last March. Maybe this last part will go more quickly, but sometimes the rooms are ready but the furniture is not yet ready. Our "fireside room" (it has a real fireplace, but now only burns an electric fire), is also the spiritual library and it seems that the bookcases are being built for the entire back wall; the books are in boxes awaiting them. The last of the bedrooms in Oakwood are finished and now they are renovating the center part which was the nurse's station, and place for the records and medicine. It is quite interesting to see the whole back part of Oakwood renovated. I am in Westwood so not part of what has been musical chairs for some.
My mind is full of many things, but it seems the movement of my sisters into new rooms is more important to me than other things are tonight.

No comments: