Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Rejoice with Me



This Sunday's Gospel has the three parables of Jesus that reveal His Heart to us in a special way. He is telling us about the Shepherd who leaves the ninety-nine to go look for the lost sheep. When he finds it he returns and says, "Rejoice with me for I have found my lost sheep."
Then there is the woman who searches for her lost coin until she finds it and calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them: "Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost."
In the parable of the son who left his Father's house and then, when he had wasted all his inheritance, returned repentant, the Father, only wants to celebrate; his son was lost and now has been found.

I was thinking that Jesus wants us to rejoice with him so often and are we attentive to this invitation to rejoice?


No comments: