Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2018

From time to time we need periods of silence


 A dear friend of many years arrived from Miami. We will be in a mini retreat together Monday to Friday at my sacred place, Villa Maria del Mar, the retreat house of the Sisters of the Holy Names. I am scheduling ahead so you will still have my daily blog, only I shall make it brief as many are no doubt having vacation at this time. It will be a great joy for me to have these days of quiet prayer and sharing.

"Entering into silence is like stepping into cool, clear water. The dust and debris are quietly washed away, and we are purified of our triviality. This cleansing takes place whether we are conscious of it or not; the very choice of silence, of desiring to be still, washes away the day's grime..." p. 28 Sister Wendy Beckett in Meditations on Silence.

No comments: