Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Last Week of August



The summer is really over and I survived without any swimming. Ever since we were no longer cloistered, I tried every summer to have the opportunity to swim; in Miami, I was spoiled because we could swim most of the year and I had access to a pool. Actually, the last 16 years in Miami, we had our own pool and I really enjoyed it. Surprisingly, I did not really miss swimming this summer. Perhaps our wonderful California climate has much to do with this or I just had resigned myself to give it up. Anyway, here is the end of a very happy and busy summer and I am sure I did many more important things and I am grateful. I had time near the Pacific and found God there even when it was cloudy and gray. 
Although school has begun, I feel the last week in August should still be vacation and so have a few more quotes to share with you this week.
"I draw prayer around me like a dark, protective wall, withdraw inside it as one might into a convent cell and then step outside again, calmer and stronger and more collected again." Etty Hillsum

No comments: