Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


Taste and see the Goodness of the Lord - Paul will tell us in the second reading: "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God..."
We are to be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and handed himself over for us as a sacrificial offering to God for a fragrant aroma." Ephesians 4

The Gospel (Jn 6:41-51) has the Jews murmuring about Jesus because He said:"I am the bread that came down from heaven." Then Jesus tells them that He is "the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."

That should be enough to reflect on today, but I also like to share a part in today's Gospel that always strikes me: "Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father. Amen, Amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life."

Let us go to Jesus with all our joys and sorrows, our desires, our preoccupations, etc. He waits for us!

No comments: