Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Let us set sail


  


In this bicentennial year celebrating St. Philippine Duchesne's arrival in America, we are all to have the courage to set sail into our future. The Society of the Sacred Heart all over the world is using this metaphor to go out and let the Lord lead us into the future. We are discerning even about our way of organizing ourselves and I know that Philippine is watching over us so that we choose life, set sail, and count on the Lord to take us to a safe harbor. 
I was up on the mountain with Jesus in prayer for the Feast of the Transfiguration. Yesterday's Gospel had Jesus sending me with his Apostles into a storm. He was praying but came to us and calmed the waters. It has been my experience so often in life that when I feel overwhelmed, Jesus comes and then all is calm and peaceful.
These are busy days with many extras. Yesterday we had the new faculty and some of the old here for Mass and a reception afterwards. I always try to talk up the Busy Persons' Retreat. Some of them said that they had been teaching in our school in San Francisco and knew about it. I think it is one of the helps we offer here for parents in the Fall and the Faculty and Staff in the Spring that can really make a difference in one's prayer.

No comments: