Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2018

The way of the heart


Last August I went with my brother and sister-in-law by car to San Diego. On the way we visited Hearst Castle, the picture today. The location is beautiful, but California is a gorgeous state. What strikes me is the amount of land that could be used to settle some of the refugees who are begging to enter our country.  I just feel for those who have had to leave their own country and then find that other countries do not want them. We would not be here if our ancestors were refused entrance to our huge country. 

I do have some more quotes to share so here we go:

"Real prayer penetrates to the marrow of our soul and leaves nothing untouched. The prayer of the heart is prayer that does not allow us to limit our relationship with God to interesting words or pious emotion...the prayer of the heart is the prayer of truth." Henri Nouwen in The Way of the Heart

No comments: