Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Jesus is sleeping in the boat

What I like about this picture is the fact that Jesus is so relaxed that he can just go to sleep in the boat in spite of the movement and noise and then the wind and the waves. Those of the Apostles who knew how dangerous the sudden storms at sea could be, were terrified. They woke Jesus and Jesus immediately calmed the sea so they felt safe, but he also rebuked them for their lack of faith. I think I have often meditated on this scene and it has given me the gift of peace. 
As we begin this month of June, let us prepare for the Feast of Pentecost on the 9th and the Feast of the Sacred Heart on the 28th.
We will also be in retreat from Sunday evening, June 16 to June 23; it is only six days so I will be having a few semi-retreat days with one of our Religious in a condo near the ocean lent to us by the Sisters of Mercy. We will be there June 9-14 and I will not be on my computer so think it might be good for me to take a vacation from this blog (and give my readers one, too!) from June 9-to after the retreat. I will be writing my blog up until Pentecost and then off until the week of the Feast of the Sacred Heart.

No comments: