Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Next Week is Shrove Tuesday


 It seems as if Christmas was just a week or so ago and now we are just a week from Shrove Tuesday and then Ash Wednesday. I cannot imagine how New Orleans will manage to celebrate the Shrove days as the virus continues to shut down so many things like parades, balls, and parties. As I now live with someone from New Orleans, I think we need to celebrate. I also plan to ask the kitchen for brownies for Westwood for Valentine's Day next Sunday. 

Maybe we should be thinking about what we will do for Lent. Joan Chittister has some reflections for this Lent and she tells us that "Lent is about becoming, doing and changing whatever it is that is blocking the fullness of life in us right now. Lent is a summons to live anew." 

What is blocking the fullness of life in me now? And what am I going to do about it?

No comments: