Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Reading during Lent


 Although I would not choose to be in quarantine, it certainly does give me time for reading. I bought two books to read besides the two that I need to read. They arrived just in time. I had read part of James Martin's new book: Learning to Pray: A Guide for Everyone and decided it was a book I wanted to buy. In my cart at Amazon I had other books and decided on one by Brian d. McLaren called We Make the Road by Walking: A Year-long Quest for Spiritual Formation, Reoriantation, and Activation.  It has readings for every week in the year and lends itself to discussion, I think. I really have not had time to look it over but I think I shall give it a try. 

I mostly am trying to discern how the Lord wants me to spend these days of solitude. I am trying to be docile to the Holy Spirit's inspirations. I love the quiet, the time to color, the time to pray, to read, to write to friends - this is what is filling my days. I have so much to be grateful for and have good friends to stay in contact with while I can do so. I have learned how to host Zooms and love this way of communicating.

No comments: