Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Shrove Tuesday


 It is really cold in much of the Midwest and it is hard to believe that Ash Wednesday is tomorrow.

Since we are in quarantine, I think nothing will happen here, although maybe a pastoral minister will appear and drop ashes on our heads going frrom room to room. I doubt it, but one never knows.

We are having a King's cake and that will be fun. In the meantime, I am giving serious thought to Lent and how the Lord might want me to spend it. I read something this morning that spoke of choosing a word for the year; it triggered my memory and I went back in my Journal and there was my word for the year: docility. So, I am planning to try to practice docility to the Holy Spirit and plan my solitary days with discernment and docility to the Holy Spirit. I am also going to return to a practice that has been so helpful in the past: never go to bed without having done something for someone and thanking for the opportunity. Sometimes it only means an email, but I think ever act of love raises the level of love in the universe.

Have a happy Shrove Tuesday!

No comments: