Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Abide in Me Hymn

This morning I tried to upload a beautiful picture that I have filed as "Wonder" but then I could not compose the blog. I am still struggling with this new format for posting a blog. Then I could not get "help", could not cancel or do anything so I am not trying to post a picture now.

I do have the words to a beautiful hymn that one of my most faithful readers reminded me I could post here and this will give you plenty to reflect on today - sorry, no picture today! However, I do have a link to a video that is gorgeous for this hymn (different version but one that has an interesting history also given at the link above or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTGOVaY8mc

    • Abide in Me, and I in you,
      As the branch cannot bear fruit
      Of itself unless
      It abides in the vine,
      So neither can you
      Unless you abide in Me.
  1. I am the vine,
    You are the branches,
    He who abides in Me and I in him.
    He bears much fruit
    For apart from Me you can do nothing.
  2. If you abide in Me and my words abide in you
    Ask whatever you will and it will be done for you.
    When we abide in the Lord and let His words abide in us,
    We actually are one with Him as He works within us.
    Then when we ask in prayer for whatever we will
    It is not only we who are praying
    He too is praying, in our praying.
    This kind of prayer is related to fruit bearing
    and will surely be answered.
  3. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and I set you.
    That you should go forth and bear fruit,
    And that your fruit should remain,
    That whatever you ask the Father in my name,
    He may give you.

No comments: