Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let us go to the House of the Lord rejoicing...


Today's homily repeated several times the phrase from the day's responsorial psalm:
"Let us go to the House of the Lord"
I think that since Easter a miracle has been taking place for me; after years of not being able to hear the homilies,in Churches (I usually do hear at the University chapel), I am beginning to understand at least some of the homilies  at the noon Mass. The pastor is brief which is a gift for so many are on their lunch hour and need to be back at work on time. He has been repeating a phrase from the Liturgy and I find this a very powerful way to give a homily as we all remember the phrase and it stays with us as we go about the rest of the day. I intend to tell him this soon. In the meantime, I am just grateful.
"Let us go to the house of the Lord..." The wonderful thing is that we are there so let us rejoice!

No comments: