Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A New Year of Life and Our Lady's Feast

Going back over the most special of the interior graces I have received is another grace and takes time and attention as I get caught up again in the awesome experience of God.
Now, I think that I am going to be inspired in June to return to the spirituality of the Society of the Sacred Heart as it is expressed in our Constitutions but is also a spirituality that is centered on the love of the Heart of Jesus for each of us and so much applies to anyone who takes the time to read my blog. I think it will be great preparation for the feast of the Sacred Heart which is June 15 this year. It was also on June 15 that I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart sixty-two years ago. Time really does fly!
Therefore, beginning tomorrow, June 1, look for more spiritual reflections from me, although I am sure the Spirit will continue to push me to write whatever comes to mind when I sit down to write my daily blog.

Today is also the Feast of the Visitation. May 31 has always been a feast of Our Lady, but the Visitation used to be July 2. Mary went with haste to visit Elizabeth and she was carrying Jesus; she is the first Christian missionary! And Jesus communicated with John, who was still in the womb of Elizabeth but who leaped for joy! Jesus loves to communicate His joy to each of us, too. Let us contemplate the meeting of Mary and Elizabeth and maybe enter into the conversation with them.

No comments: