Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

A New Harmony

The new book that I mentioned yesterday by John Philip Newell is A New Harmony: The Spirit, The Earth, and The Human Soul  published by Jossey-Bass, 2011. I have read the first five chapters and like the book enough to put it on my list of good spiritual reading. It is a prayerful way of expressing the new theology that emphasizes our union with the entire creation and the holy longing we all have for God. Philip uses examples from his own experience and from his dreams as well as from many creation-centered mystics to bring us back to the oldest source for theology - creation itself! I am sorry that I have read only five of the nine chapters, but I like what I have read and it is easy and interesting to read so I feel that it is a book that will help others to deepen their spirituality.

No comments: