Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

More Books

Again, I tried to upload a picture of bookshelves and it would not let me do anything after I got the picture. I need to figure this out, but cannot get even "Help" when I have the picture on the screen. Well, here is a quote from St. Madeleine Sophie before I continue trying to add some books in the short time I have.


  "Go on advancing, you are on the true road.
Remember, it is not you who have taken it,

      but God who has placed you there."


An excellent book, and one that I have not yet more than dipped into is Brant Pitrre"s "Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist". Doubleday, 2011.  

Another that I like is by Thomas Ryan, "Prayer of Heart and Body: Meditation and Yoga as Christian Spiritual Practice." Paulist Press, 1998. I found that I do many of the exercises suggested in the last part of the book in my exercise class. I also found that the book reviewed some good practices for prayer.

My two favorite books of the past year are both difficult to read and need to be taken slowly but they are both excellent and transforming. Both are by the Franciscan theologian, Ilia Delio and I have mentioned her before in my blogs as I think the two books I have read by her are excellent and life-changing for me. One is "Christ in Evolution" and the other is "The Emergent Christ: Exploring the Meaning of Catholic in a Evolutionary Universe". Orbis, 
 2011. I will have more to say tomorrow as I need to get to a meeting that is over thirty miles from here.

No comments: