Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From your presence where can I flee?


Today's Responsorial Psalm quotes some of Psalm 139, one of my favorite psalms. I was struck by a sense of gratitude and gift in reading the selected verses and hope you will be, too:
Where can I go from your spirit?
From your presence where can I flee?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
Even there your hand shall guide me,
and your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall hide me,
and night shall be my light"--
For you darkness itself is not dark,
and night shines as the day.


I prayed over the psalm with the refrain You have searched me and you know me, Lord and found that I needed to thank God for his presence in my life; a presence that is always with me.

No comments: