Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Gratitude


Today's reading from Joshua 24:1-13 has the Lord remembering all he has done for his people. He reminds them that it was not their sword or their bow that conquered the promised land. The Lord then said: "I gave you a land that you had not tilled and cities that you had not built to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant."

When I reflect on my own life, I see that the Lord has done the same and more for me.
How grateful I should be for his constant care, his many gifts, my life itself! Let us take time to thank Him today for all that He has done for us and to thank also for those who are not grateful. We have so much to be thankful for that the day will be too short to even mention the gifts each of us have received!

No comments: