Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2008

This is my beloved Son



I think that at every baptism the Holy Spirit comes down and God says, "This is my beloved child." We really are loved by God from the first moment of our existence, but Baptism marks us in a special way and gives us God's own life in us. We are called to proclaim the Kingdom of God.
I think that God also says to us, "this is my beloved, in whom I am well pleased! He is pleased because He has made us in his image and likeness; God has made each of us unique; He loves us! And we are pleasing to Him! Still, we ask ourselves if he is "well pleased"? Since God loves us as we are, I think He is well pleased as long as we are listening to his voice. He knows our weakness and loves us as we are! He gives us the desire to please Him, but knows that we often do not do the good that we want to do. The good news is that He loves us no matter what and keeps giving us His grace to help us to love Him and to love one another. Baptism is the beginning of a life of love!

No comments: