Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

Mystery


Richard Rohr in his latest book, Hidden Things: Scripture As Spirituality says that "mystery is not something that you cannot understand, but it is something that is endlessly understandable! It is multilayered and pregnant with meaning and never totally admits to closure or resolution."

That should be enough to reflect on today! I love the positive approach - mystery is not something we cannot grasp but something that is just endlessly understandable!

1 comment:

Sister Juliet, RSCJ said...

Dear Sr. Rosenthal,

Thank you for your daily reflections. I love this idea also--that we never fully understand God, but we are constantly understanding! So beautiful, and dynamic, constant growth in faith and love.

I have not yet met you, but I am in the discernment process for the rscj - and so I hope to meet you in the future!

Many blessings,
SD