Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here is a poem written by a woman in prison and shared by one of my online students. As I am leaving for the airport, I thought this might do for the Third Sunday of Lent. Actually, if using the Samaritan woman, there is much to reflect on water, gift, and faith in this Sunday's Liturgy. There is a choice of readings because of the RCIA.
Here is the poem:

Just Like You Jesus: A Prayer of the Homeless



Jesus, I am homeless too

Teach me how to pray, tell me what to do



Jesus, each day I face this cross.

It makes me weary to the bone.

Jesus, I cannot bear this all alone.



Jesus, I keep falling into sin.

I feel like I just can’t win.



Jesus, you were human too.

Help me to be more like you.



Jesus, teach me to be fair.

Help me to care and not to care.



Teach me more how to sit still

So with your love my heart you can fill.

Amen.

No comments: