Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Holy Week Thoughts


At the University we are having a "Pilgrimage into Holy Week" by taken our large Convocation Hall and turning it into a "Prayer Hall" with different kinds of prayer featured and with all of those of us from Campus Ministry, the School of Theology and Ministry, and some others on hand to speak to students, to explain different ways of prayer, etc. The room was arranged so attractively with all sorts of possibilities, candles lit around the center circles, soft music, a video with images of prayer, etc. I was much impressed and took my Spiritual Direction students over around 8:15 last night and they were still there when I left at 9:00. When I went over for Centering Prayer at 5:00 I found students walking around in silence and some doing art work as prayer. They will keep this open until 10:00 both nights and each day has different events scheduled for the students.

I am home and very much back into the last work of the semester as my online program ends the week after Easter. I am filling up the September course now with some new students from all over. I would love a few more international students, but we will see. In the meantime, Holy Week is a call to more prayer and solitude and I am happy to have these days now at home.

No comments: